Sunday, October 01, 2006

Smellling the wind

There is a girl living in my back yard,
She fits with the pomagranates and tall grasses in her tent.
My house is full of boys and life and peace too.
What more?
Red gowns, glitter blacks
sunset beaches and coconut trees
But adventure here is
a new Indian restaurant
finding new tastes
lamb currie and kokopeli in the wind
what is this what is that
Adventure here is
a new class, learning new things
because even with red gowns
and sunset beaches
I would be restless seeking another adventure.
My face is to the wind
and I can smell change.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sue hardy-Dawson said...

Lovely poem particularly love the thought of pomagranats in the yard

10/2/06, 9:24 AM  
Blogger Monami Roy said...

who seeks change in the face of lies. muster enough strength to seek, or tell ourselves so. the adventure is needed. oe else we'd all just die, u know.
great work. LOVED ur mosquito poem!

peace..!!
\m/

10/7/06, 7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home