Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Disconnected

Crumbled bits hiding in the corners
as just the pie filling hardens, sweet ready to eat
but some of the shells still hide
pecan pieces, in the peanut butter
Mish mash mush with sharp surprises.

This too is bitter medicine
where light and laughter meet whatever
with an attitude
where life and gratefulness sometimes flow into the corners
and the darkness creeps back in
memories of broken glasses
smashed against the fridge
shards on the kitchen floor which somehow find their way to flesh
and cut and cut
dripping blood
onto the filthy floor.

Just around the edges of the light
lurk the pecan shells of the bitter dark
Absinthe in the chocolate
Enclosing heart wreck
Just there, on the edge peeking around the corner of the fridge.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not even have words to describe how edible this poem is...even the blood on the filthy floor. It is just emotionally and spiritually rich...

12/27/06, 9:49 AM  
Blogger Sugababee said...

wow you made me hungry and loose my appetite at the same time...
love the combination of intensity and lightness...

12/27/06, 11:20 AM  
Blogger luvwannabefree25 said...

Very interesting post... what's on your mind these days? Just found ya' through Sug...

JD ;)

12/28/06, 9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed this, nicely abstract.

12/28/06, 2:38 PM  
Blogger Monami Roy said...

illustrated where the words fear. ths piece cud be my breakfast!
\m/

12/28/06, 11:05 PM  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

The tattoo you noticed on my blog made me smile and think so very true so very true...not that I would have a tattoo...I admire your observant eye!

12/31/06, 12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I felt disconnected reading this. It seemed both shy and shocking. Like bloody pecans maybe.

1/4/07, 7:21 PM  
Blogger Neer said...

this one is amazing!! i like the take... philosphical, sci fi!

1/8/07, 2:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely.. I was drawn to it and yet repelled, and hence I think it did what it was meant to? It made me think.

1/8/07, 5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home