Sunday, May 04, 2008

Every man an island

No man is not an island
wandering in its own version of ocean
lost in waves, pushed by salty tears
Every touch
is external
but inside each wanders in the morass
of black, gold and rainbow thoughts
alone
all are alone.
From a view, behind the eyes
there is only what is hidden in the skull in the self
and no way to penetrate that
which is inside
We can touch skin
but the fight to feel
is lost
because
if you feel the brain
the fingers flowing through the mush
well ...
there is not much thought left in it.

8 Comments:

Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

Thought-provoking, indeed! :-)
But, very well-written.

5/5/08, 10:13 AM  
Blogger goatman said...

We are each alone in the final scene.
But as we pull ourselves out of the wash , along the way, some feelings will penetrate. Can't help but penetrate since we are all connected. In my view at least.

I hope you don't mind if I copy your poem for my personal collection. It will not be published or distributed by me.

Thanks for dropping by my ducks' pics.

5/5/08, 12:00 PM  
Blogger Echo said...

anna-lys: Thanks, you are sweet.

goatman: Of course you can keep the poem. I am flattered

5/6/08, 7:34 AM  
Blogger Macadamia The Nut said...

I had to read it twice, but wow! Awesome expression of the intangible!

5/7/08, 12:37 PM  
Blogger aria said...

every line made me think .. and I tried to understand it in so many different ways.. great work ..

5/18/08, 12:37 AM  
Blogger Crimson Feet said...

long time... where and how have you been !?

5/29/08, 12:38 AM  
Blogger smoke said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6/3/08, 3:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simply wonderful...

8/12/08, 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home