Sunday, April 17, 2011

Are you busy?

Are you busy?
Can you send the kids out to the movies for a while?
The tears won't stop now,
my face is hot in the sun.
I need to breathe you,
I need to cry out loud
and scream.
I need to curl up in the warmth of your flesh
and let you be
mother,
holder,
comfort, love.
I need to scream
and my face needs to be streaked with wet dust
where nobody can be disturbed.
I just need to cry
free.
Real wails, real gasps and snot
where your absorbency can just hold me
no lectures or commiserations
breast and body, hair and eyes.
Are you busy?
I need to cry.

5 Comments:

Blogger the walking man said...

I got the time and why send the kids to a movie...we'll just kick 'em out the door, lock it, then you can wail until you once again feel wind in your sails.

4/17/11, 3:04 AM  
Blogger Echo said...

Thanks walking man, nice you are, cant fool anyone there.

4/17/11, 7:18 AM  
Blogger goatman said...

Clean tears are mine here in the spring green; but I cry with you.

4/21/11, 5:28 PM  
Blogger Echo said...

Goatman, tears are tears, but I wish I were in the spring green. I hasn't rained here in the desert all year. Only moisture during freeze on Feb. 2. Thank you.

4/22/11, 8:54 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

Your poetry is lovely as always. This poem is especially striking... very carnal and full of the flesh and realness of life.

6/22/11, 8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home