Monday, April 04, 2011

Smile

Boxter dog,
he smiles, doesn't know better.
Leading where we let him, heeling when he has to.
Mostly he follows
me around my crowded kitchen
until I can't stand it anymore and yell,
"Get out of the kitchen!"
and he goes.

He flys over walls, dances in grass
blows bubbles in the muddy water with his face.
Glory life, he says
nothing left but detail
a scent, a dragonfly, a sparkle in the night.

Just a brown dog with wrinkles in his forhead,
a serious smile, concerned eyes.
"Are you happy?" he asks.
"Can you slow down for me?"
He makes circles around my feet,
figure eights,
infinity.

8 Comments:

Blogger the walking man said...

Don't you just love it when you get that "What, what did I do, oh woe is me, give me a treat so I can feel better" look from them?

4/5/11, 2:47 AM  
Blogger Echo said...

He has more personality than some people I know. And is a better communicator.

4/6/11, 8:55 AM  
Blogger Brian Miller said...

figure eights into infinity...nice...dogs are such cool friends....

4/6/11, 10:25 AM  
Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Oh, what a lovely poem! I fell in love with his loving you.

We have two dogs. Not so fond of them in the kitchen, either! :)

4/6/11, 12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent....you have captured the "dogginess" very well. Vb

4/6/11, 4:52 PM  
Anonymous Jessie said...

Sweet! This sounds like a great dog! Is always nice to have an animal near you, he manages to make you smile even when you feel like crying.

4/13/11, 12:51 PM  
Blogger delhidreams said...

yeah, as Jannie mentioned "i fell in love with his loving you" :)
i love dogs, and their selfless love and how their whole world revolves around us... maybe in infinities :)
i'm sharing your blog link with my friends. you might get some visitors from India soon!
take care and keep writing :)

if u feel like, do visit my blog at: http://delhidreams.blogspot.com/

9/20/11, 7:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful!
Really thankful to Adee for introducing your Blog.

Loved the poem and lovely creature, its as easy as a child and as loving as a friend.

9/21/11, 1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home