Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Dancing lizards

Tap tap tap, hunch
up down, push ups
mating dance?
looking in holes in the rocky dirt for what?
Whiptail lizards don't need mates, they just a bunch a girls
whooshing through desert floor cacti, green and unforlorn
Nothing blooms like the desert
rain makes things red, gold, brilliant
rainbow songs
browns alter with more brown until all things dare
carry on the song of life
take nothing into account but earth's direction
snakelings scattering across the path
rattle or not?
beware people and people dog things
the desert disregards you.


6 Comments:

Blogger the walking man said...

I like places that have no regard for my presence upon them. Better their presence impact me than I them. Nicely stated Echo.

6/10/09, 12:57 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

and nature survives despite us, I really like what you wrote here Echo :)

6/12/09, 3:57 AM  
Anonymous Michael Rawluk said...

I like the fact that we can go places where we are very insignificant blips on the landscape. Disregarded by Nature.

6/12/09, 9:41 AM  
Blogger Yes said...

I think I'll try being green and unforlorn today--
Love this evocation of the desert! Miss being there, it's been years...
now that I think of it, I've missed you too!

6/12/09, 10:45 AM  
Anonymous lightandchaos said...

Spring Mosh bares (sic) reading (aloud). I'd love to know how you'd "phrase" it. I won't tell you how I'd do it till I have some idea how you would.

6/13/09, 8:56 AM  
Blogger goatman said...

Like a childs' mind the desert blooms when properly fed and turns barren when sustenance is not.
But each is free to expand and open when the time is right.
Nice poem of yours as usual

6/15/09, 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home